Monday, December 1, 2008

Where did November go?

I noticed I did not post during the month of November, oops. I was trying to get through with Biomes and such with my students. I was interupted many times by AEA days, Thanksgiving Break, and testing. I barely got in a test before Thanksgiving.
Speaking of AEA days, I enjoyed some local offerings. I got to go to Project Learning Tree. This was an activity based workshop. It gave me alot of good ideas of how to get the students up and out of their seats and learn at the same time. We also got a free book (YAY) with these ideas split into age levels and state framework compatibility. The next day I thought was going to be so much fun because it was labeled Science in the Park. We got to go to Pinnacle Mountain State Park. We learned about ecology, but it didn't seem to lend itself to school-based learning. I didn't take much away from the workshop that I can implement in the classroom. It was good to be outside for the day though!

No comments: