Monday, December 1, 2008

High schools that work

I recently went to a High Schools That Work professional development day. Our school is no longer with HSTW, but the district invited us to attend anyway. We are currently with America's Choice and on another year of school improvement. During this workshop, teachers from different schools in the district were taught new literacy strategies. We were given new tools to use in the classroom and I was excited to see that I was already familiar with a few. The main tools that were taught was Cornell notes. This was one of my strategies from my 25 that I submitted to our class. It made me feel good to be able to discuss strategies in depth with teachers that have been teaching for years and to be able to teach these teachers something new. I also shared some of the strategies out of our book with these teachers and they absolutely loved them. I liked this workshop and if anyone gets an opportunity to sit in on one of these I highly recommend it!

No comments: